Financial net for staff

If you encounter financial difficulties, you may be able to appeal to the Social Fund of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (SFOCW). This fund is provided for and by employees of the Ministry and educational and cultural institutions.

You can only appeal to the fund if you participate in it. This is possible for the minimal amount of 91 eurocents per month. If you authorise the University, the money will be deducted from your salary.

People can get into financial difficulties due to all sorts of circumstances such as illness, family circumstances or an accident. They can also get into debt that they cannot pay off. If there are no other authorities or regulations that provide you with a solution, you can request a grant from the SFOCW. This grant will usually take the form of an interest-free loan; only in special cases does it take the form of a donation. The fund may also be used to cover part of certain expenses such as, for example, the cost of home help.

An application must be accompanied by a report from a social worker from the University’s Department of Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE). The HSE Department is located in Poortgebouw Zuid, Rijnsburgerweg 10 (telephone 071 527 80 15). The SFOCW treats applications confidentially.

More information
For more information and the application form, please consult the website of the SFOCW.

Last Modified: 01-07-2016